Wednesday 24 July 2013

The Accident itself

Well just under a week ago I was schooling my horse over some show jumps at home. Everything was as normal until my horse stopped at the second part of a double. At this point a slid up my horses neck and off the side landing successfully on my feet. However and this is where it gets interesting, landing on my feet I twisted my knee and feeling a minor pain though it was just muscular. So being stubborn and all got back on and carried jumping. Although the following day something wasn't quite right and so a trip to A & E was on the cards. Once at the hospital the Dr decided just to be on the safe side to send me for an x-ray and initially the x-rays looked fine until the 2nd x-ray appeared on the screen showing what was clearly a nice big fractured through the tibia. Yep I had successfully managed an almighty fractured just below my knee. Following the x-rays is was given a leg brace, crutches and an appointment with the fracture clinic this Friday.  So at the moment it is a waiting as to what they want to do. Although it was mentioned that if the fractures move I would require surgery to pinned it. EEEKKK not looking forwards to that if they make the decision to do so. Also though do the accident it means that I cant exercise my horse for atleast 6 weeks and that I cant cycle like I normally would so the planned it to do what exercises I can and keep a food diary, so that when I return to the saddle I am fit and well :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment